Thursday, January 28, 2016

Padstow - Cornwall - England




I visited the charming town of Padstow on Monday 28th of December 2015 and today I am sharing some of the photos I took whilst exploring. Some of you may have also seen my earlier posts here on Travel Tales and my Photography Blog.

Faces on Friday    The National Lobster Hatchery     ABC Wednesday


Traditionally a fishing port on the north coast of Cornwall, England, situated on the west bank of the River Camel estuary approximately 5 miles (8.0 km) northwest of Wadebridge, 10 miles (16 km) northwest of Bodmin and 10 miles (16 km) northeast of Newquay.

Padstow is a popular tourist destination. Although some of its former fishing fleet remains, it is mainly a yachting haven on a dramatic coastline with few easily navigable harbours. The influence of restaurateur Rick Stein can be seen in the port, and tourists travel from long distances to eat at his restaurant and cafés.







 I loved the atmosphere in the town with the busy harbour and quaint streets. There are more photos which I will be sharing on the photography blog in the coming weeks.




A lovely video about Padstow - Courtesy of  Padstow Tourist Information and YouTube


With thanks to the following websites, where you can find out more about this beautiful Cornish village.



9 comments:

  1. December and boats are still on the water, the temperature must not drop below zero, I guess...

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful! I enjoyed the video. I would love to visit quaint Padstow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love all the colors in the boat pics and even the buildings are colorful .

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful little town. :-) I'd really enjoy walking there - and stopping in that bakery, of course. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Think we cycled past when we did the end to end, but most of the towns and villages were just a blur trying to fit in as many miles as we could each day! Thanks for showing me what we missed. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely little village! Nice photos of the brightly colored boats.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I were on my way there right now. Off to Google Rick Stein.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This town was featured in our local paper recently. Your photos are much nicer!
    Cornwall is on my list of places to visit. I guess I have just read too many Rosamund Pilcher books!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did you run into Doc Martin while you were in Cornwall? ;-)
    Since watching that series, I've always wanted to visit. It looks so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Travel Tales and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate your support, which is a great encouragement to me and reading them is always a pleasure. All commenter's will receive a visit back from me and followers a follow back. I will respond to questions here but not reply to every individual comment due to time constraints, a problem we all have.