Friday, March 13, 2015

Faces on Friday - Set in Stone - Marta - Italy





My photos for my theme ' Faces on Friday' are perhaps not quite what you expected me to post! However as I have always been intrigued by these 'Faces Set in Stone' that are mounted on the railings next to the Fishermens Beach in Marta I thought it would be fun to share them with you here.

Nobody I have spoken to in Marta knows anything about them. If anyone from there, or anywhere else in the world, knows anything about these particular face sculptures please do let me know.

Please note this post originally appeared on LindyLouMac's World in Photos but I am in the process of moving the themed posts to Travel Tales as I plan to change direction on the photography blog.

5 comments:

  1. these are all amazing. i tried to decide which i like best and can't. very talented artist

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - very cool! I'm surprised the locals don't know the story behind these faces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos and interesting that the history of them is unknown. Hope all well Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. So amazing. You'd think they would be the stuff of local legend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are amazing yet somehow compelling faces. I am sure they are meant to be someone - mythical figures no doubt, but rather surprising that nobody has put a story to them, even if nobody really knows!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Travel Tales and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate your support, which is a great encouragement to me and reading them is always a pleasure. All commenter's will receive a visit back from me and followers a follow back. I will respond to questions here but not reply to every individual comment due to time constraints, a problem we all have.